Monday, October 6, 2008

Revelations From Holy Hip Hop Vol. 5

God regularly gives me meditations. One of my favorite things to ponder is what Richard J. Foster terms, "the book of nature". The bible says,

"The heavens declare the glory of God;the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.-- Psalm 19:1-3"

It's so true. One of my favorite illustrations is how water teaches about the Holy Trinity.

So, yesterday I was getting ready for church and listening to "Holy Hip Hop Vol. 5: Taking the Gospel to the Streets" and I heard the line, "only God can make a diamond out of coal." How profound! If you think about it - coal is only good for one thing - for burning. With God's tools- time and pressure - coal becomes diamond. Able to endure anything - the strongest substance on earth. A very good lesson to remember - God can take anyone - no matter how "dirty" - and make a priceless treasure.

I thank God for the meditations he gives me. A miracle indeed that a white suburban housewife can be ministered to through young urban music. Further proof that God's spirit anoints any music dedicated to his glory.

No comments: